Stew Leonard's is committed to our customers' privacy. We value the relationship with our customers ("Rule 1: The Customer is Always Right…") and want customers to understand exactly what we will and will not do with the information they provide to us or that we collect during the course of their visiting our sites or interacting with our company.
The information that Stew Leonard's collects, stores and analyzes is used to improve the way we do business with both current and potential customers. Uses may include, but are not limited to, communicating with customers, responding to customer comments and inquiries, personalizing marketing materials and product offerings, improving our web sites, and executing transactions as requested buy our customers.
With respect to visitations to our web sites, we collect:
- The domain name of visitors to our websites
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the Internet Service Provider and/or the computer being used, if the computer has an IP address assigned to it
- The type of browser being used and the operating system resident on the computer being used
- Aggregate information on what pages visitors access
- Information provided by the visitor, such as preferences, survey information and/or site registrations
With respect to purchases made online at a Stew Leonard's web site, we collect:
- Customer's name and street address
- Customer's telephone number
- Customer's email address
- Customer's payment information (e.g., credit card number and billing address)
- Name(s) and address(es) of people to whom products purchased on our website are being sent
With respect to everyday business, we may collect:
- Information including, but not limited to, names, addresses, and email addresses provided by customers through offline communications such as raffles, contests, or other communications
- Email addresses of those who communicate with us via email
With respect to ad servers, we do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
As a standard practice, Stew Leonard's does not share any personally-identifiable or private customer information submitted on-line with third parties unless they are acting as an intermediary or we are compelled to do so by law. Some examples of intermediaries include shippers, Internet service providers, fulfillment houses and credit card companies. From time to time, we may share information with associated companies operating under the Stew Leonard’s brand. We may also share or cross-reference information with other companies that provide goods or services that we feel may be of interest to the customer.
Customers may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by e-mailing us at:
If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our web site periodically.
Stew Leonard's is located at 100 Westport Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851.
We reserve the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value. We reserve the right to cancel any orders in which either (1) the items ordered are no longer available, or (2) the pricing was incorrectly displayed for any reason whatsoever. If pricing was displayed incorrectly we will contact you with the correct price. Sales are not completed and accepted until payment is received and processed.
Copyright © 2008, Stew Leonard's Inc.