Winter Citrus, Shrimp, and Avocado Salad
Simple, fresh ingredients like sweet-tart raspberry blood oranges, creamy avocados, and sautéed shrimp are the super stars of this citrus-inspired salad that comes together in under 30 minutes. It's perfect for a last-minute lunch or weeknight dinner salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 oz. (about 5 small) Cara Cara Oranges, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds, plus 1 for zest and juice
- 6 oz. (about 3) Clementines, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tbsp. Stew's Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Stew's Kosher Salt, to taste
- Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. EZ Peel Jumbo Shrimp, tails removed
- 1 large Avocado, sliced
- 1 small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Arugula
To make the dressing: Zest one of the Cara Cara oranges into a large bowl. Slice in half and squeeze juice into the bowl. Whisk in the garlic, mustard, 2 tbsp. olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Pat the shrimp dry and season with ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt. Heat remaining olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat.
Add the avocado, onion, arugula, and orange slices, and toss gently. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and drizzle with any remaining dressing.