HOW WE ARE RESPONDING TO COVID-19
RECOGNIZING GROCERY STORE WORKERS WITH SENATOR RICHARD BLUMENTHAL!
SOCIAL DISTANCINGWe’re doing our best to provide you and your families fresh food in the best shopping environment. Social Distancing is the big word now and, we can all do our part to Flatten The Curve. TIME OF DAY – You can see on this graph how customers like to shop between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. If you can shop earlier in the day and later in the afternoon, you’ll help Flatten The Curve. Stew’s does a deep cleaning every day above CDC guidelines. All customer and team member contact areas are washed, rinsed, bleached and sanitized with hospital disinfectant. This includes shopping carts. Registers, team member work areas, locker rooms, bathrooms, you name it. We also have a 2-hour cleaning blitz all day, every day. We also wipe down your cart as you enter and have plenty of Santi wipes and hand sanitizer around the store. Also, we require all team members to wear gloves and a mask. We also installed Plexiglas at all registers and service areas to ensure the 6-foot separation. - Stew
WHAT STEW'S IS DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE!!
EARLY OPENING FOR SENIORSStew Leonard’s will open one hour early each day to allow our most vulnerable shoppers – seniors and those with vulnerable immune systems – to shop in a less crowded environment. If you are under 60 or in good health, please wait until regular store opening times before coming to shop at Stew’s.
TEAM MEMBER APPRECIATION PAYThis week, Stew Leonard's will extend a $2/hour appreciation pay to our Team Members who are tirelessly working to keep our shelves stocked and our customers happy.
WE'RE HIRING!SEE ALL AVAILIBLE POSITIONS
NEW RETURN POLICYWe want to keep our shoppers and team members healthy! To help combat the spread of coronavirus, Stew Leonard’s must temporarily suspend our return, refund, and rain-check policies until further notice. This change was recommended by our state and local health departments. If you purchased a fresh product that was spoiled, please bring in your receipt or the product label to our customer service desk and request a refund. Please do not bring any spoiled products back into the store. Our Team Members have been instructed to wear gloves while handling receipts and labels. All sales are now final.
TO FURTHER PROTECT YOUR HEALTH, STEW LEONARD'S HAS:
- Cancelled all in-store demos.
- Set product limits when necessary on items like water, pasta, toilet paper, butter and milk. Please see in-store signage for details.
- Eliminated all self-serve areas, including our hot/cold bar, olive bar, and bagel bins. The items from these areas have been freshly pre-packaged by our Team Members.
- Placing our cashiers on every-other register so that they and our shoppers have some space between them.
- Limiting the number of people in the store to 50% of normal capacity.
- Limiting 1 person to a cart only.
- To help keep both our customers and our Team Members healthy, we are asking customers to please do the following:- Give fellow shoppers some distance while they are waiting in line or in the store. While at checkout, please remain at the end of the belt until the customer in front has cleared the register. - Respect Stew Leonard’s early shopping hour that is being reserved for the elderly, immunocompromised, and others with health conditions. - Shop for only what you and your family will need for one week at a time. There is no need to hoard groceries as our supply chain is strong and we are getting frequent deliveries of product.
KEEP IT CLEAN! STEW'S TIPS FOR CLEANING YOUR RESUSABLE SHOPPING BAGSIt’s great for the environment when you use your reusable bags! But it’s also a good idea to clean them after each use to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses. Here are Stew’s tips:
- Canvas bags: wash on hot in the washing machine and throw them in the dryer. You’re done!
- Recycled plastic bags & nylon bags: wash by hand in warm soapy water and then drip dry. Don’t forget to scrub the seams of the bags!
- Insulated shopping bags: wipe them with a disinfecting wipe, especially if you’ve used them to transport raw meat.Remember to store your reusable bags in a cool, dry place between uses.
THE STEPS THAT OUR TEAM TAKES EVERY DAY INCLUDE:
- Clean and sanitize food contact surfaces every 1 hour.
- Clean and sanitize our animation buttons, handrails, door handles, and phones every 2 hours.
- Clean and sanitize our register belts, keypads, and pens at the registers every 2 hours and whenever customers request it.
- Clean and sanitize or exchange all utensils used on any of our salad bars, olive bars, and bagel bins every 2 hours.
- Clean and sanitize all carts and cart handles.
- Provide Sani-wipes and hand sanitizer throughout our stores for customers and Team Members to use.
- Continually monitor our salad bars for temperatures and cleanliness.
Stew Leonard’s management team is also in regular communication with our Team Members about steps that they should take throughout their workday to keep themselves and our shoppers healthy:
- Team Members should thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds throughout their shift and change their gloves between tasks.
- Cover your cough – but don’t cough into your hand! Use a tissue or the sleeve of your shirt.
- Stay home if you’re sick.