We’re proud of our “down on the farm” image. What you wear to work is part of that image. You must report to work in full uniform and wearing your name badge. When you are hired, you will be issued uniforms appropriate to your work area. Any questions pertaining to your Uniform Standards should be checked with your manager or the Human Resources Department to ensure your appearance conforms with requirements for the “Stew Leonard’s Look.”
• FACIAL HAIR - Clean Shaven every day. Sideburns higher than earlobe. No beards, mustaches and goatees are ok.
• HAIR - Neat and trimmed, ¼ inch in length natural haircut. Clean, neatly combed and tied back hair. No extremes in hairstyles or hair coloring.
• MAKEUP & NAILS - Makeup is ok in moderation. Nail Polish is ok. Natural, pastel or traditional shades of nail polish. Nails must be of moderate length, no nail art.
• TATTOOS - All tattoos must be covered at all times while working at Stews.
• TOPS - Red Stew Leonard’s T-shirt, clean and tucked in, or a red
Stew Leonard's sweat shirt (no hoodies). Red, white or black long sleeves shirts can be worn under the t-shirts.
• NAME TAGS - Name tags must be worn and clearly visible.
• BOTTOMS - Blue or black jeans or blue or black Dockers or khakis are acceptable. Shorts no shorter than 4 inches above knee (department approval). Belts should be worn. No joggers, yoga pants, baggy or poorly fitted pants/shorts or pants/shorts with rips or holes.
• SHOES & SOCKS - Clean socks must be worn. Shoes must be close-toed and clean. Safety Shoes are also available for purchase.
• HATS - Hats must be worn in certain departments.
• JEWELRY - Earrings and rings are permitted. Males - are permitted 2 small studs per ear Diameter no larger than 1/8 inch. Females - limit 2 earrings per ear no larger than a quarter in diameter. No other body piercing is acceptable. Limit 2 rings per hand. No jewelry is to be worn over your Stew Leonard's uniform.
• MASKS - Solid colored masks only.
You are provided with a locker in which to keep your personal possessions while you are working. Please keep them clean and neat. Never leave food in the locker as this practice is a violation of the health codes. Purses, backpacks, lunch bags and personal tote items are not permitted in work areas. Stew Leonard’s reserves the right to periodically inspect lockers and will remove any personal locks left on the lockers.