Celebrity Grocery DeliveryWhich celebrity had a personal grocery delivery from Stew Leonard Jr, CEO of Stew Leonard’s Farm Fresh Food Stores?
May 5, 2020 - How To Safely Reopen Your BusinessTips from our successful experience keeping a retail business open and "re-opening" our seven farm fresh food stores through ever-changing rules and procedures recommended by local, state and national guidelines during the Corona Covid19 Virus Pandemic.
April 20, 2020 - Recognizing grocery store workers with Senator Richard Blumenthal!We joined forces with U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal on April 20 to recognize grocery store workers as essential for their service during coronavirus. Stew Leonard’s Team Members have tirelessly kept our stores’ shelves stocked with farm fresh food for shoppers, making sure that families have nutritious meals on their kitchen tables throughout the pandemic. During the event, I also announced that Stew Leonard’s will donate a truckload of non-perishable food to the Connecticut Food Bank, a donation that was facilitated by 4-CT and its newly launched 4-CT Statewide COVID-19 Relief Fund.
April 10, 2020 - Safe Shopping with Stew!The safest way to do your food shopping at any of the seven Stew Leonard's Farm Fresh Food Stores in Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. Tips on the best times to shop, what customers love to grab, insider info from expert butchers, produce buyers and more. Some of the additional changes at the store to make shopping safer like plexiglass shields at the registers, 6' marker lines on the floors for good social distancing, sanitizing measures above CDC standards and limiting customers at the door. If everyone does their part - we will get through this together!
April 8, 2020 - Social Distancing and the best day to shop for Easter Dinner…
April 4, 2020 - Update from Stew in Yonkers and Norwalk
March 31, 2020 - Toilet paper cake?What do you think? Should our bakers make it?
March 29, 2020 - Shopping in Paramus!Walking through through our Paramus Stores to chat with customers about their shopping experience. With plenty of fully stocked shelves, lost of space for social distancing and improvements made to help keep customers and team members safe. We’re here for you and your family, 7 days a week at Stew’s!
March 28, 2020 - Quick update from the Norwalk Store!Egg prices may be on the rise, soup is selling the best right now from Mrs. Leonard's Kitchen and folks are doing a great job shopping with masks, gloves and keeping a good social distance thanks to the changes we've made in-store like red tape marks on the floor, reminder signs and plexiglass for the cashiers.
March 27, 2020 - What Stew's is doing to keep you safe!
March 26, 2020 - A visit to East MeadowWalking through through our East Meadow Stores to chat with customers about their shopping experience. With plenty of fully stocked shelves, lost of space for social distancing and improvements made to help keep customers and team members safe.
March 25, 2020 - A walk through the Norwalk Store!Walking through the Norwalk Store to show folks what they can expect to find in the Bakery, Butcher Shop, Produce, Kitchen and more. Highlighting some of the changes made recently to help keep customers and team members safe while getting their farm fresh food shopping done. Pre-packaged buffet items, plenty of fresh meat, new items, plexiglass at the registers, safe social distancing signs and throughout it all - smiling faces!
March 24, 2020 - More good changes!Today we started to install plexiglass shields for all our cashiers. Some of the other changes we’ve made to help keep our team members and customers safer through this pandemic was implementing gloves and extensive sanitizing procedures. Stew also asked cashiers to only open every OTHER lane, to increase the space recommended by The CDC. We’ve also posted signs asking folks to keep 6’ apart, and posted tips for cleaning reusable bags at home. Thank you everyone for doing your part to help keep our community safe!
March 23, 2020 - Chatting with customers“If you’ve gotta only go to one store - and you don’t need Lysol - come to Stew’s!” - Norwalk Customer
Week of 3/23 updates
- Effective March 23, all Stew Leonard's stores will close at 8 p.m. every day. The adjusted closing hour of 8 pm is to provide our hard-working Team Members the opportunity to rest and recharge, while using the evening hours to stock, extensively clean, and prepare our stores for the next day’s business.
- This week, Stew Leonard's will extend a $2/hour appreciation pay to our Team Members who are tirelessly working to keep our shelves stocked and our customers happy.
March 22, 2020 - Update from inside the store with StewChanges being made to keep folks safe shopping at Stew's, updated hours for seniors, team member bonus, shipments coming and more.
March 21, 2020 - Changes to the hot and cold buffetsWe made some great changes for you at the hot and cold buffets. Now items are served by our Chefs behind safety glass and in pre-packed containers. Chef prepared and ready to go, hot and cold.
March 20, 2020 - Keep it Clean! Tips for cleaning your reusable shopping bagsIt’s great for the environment when you use your reusable bags! But it’s also a good idea to clean them after each use to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses.
Here are Stew’s tips:
- Canvas bags: wash on hot in the washing machine and throw them in the dryer. You’re done!
- Recycled plastic bags & nylon bags: wash by hand in warm soapy water and then drip dry. Don’t forget to scrub the seams of the bags!
- Insulated shopping bags: wipe them with a disinfecting wipe, especially if you’ve used them to transport raw meat.Remember to store your reusable bags in a cool, dry place between uses.
March 19, 2020 - Thursday afternoon in NorwalkWhat's coming, what's in. All locations are well stocked. No toilet paper right now but plenty of farm fresh food! No need to hoard folks, we have great farmers, ranchers, suppliers - more direct deliveries arriving EVERY DAY for you and your family. Stay safe everyone.
March 19, 2020 - Early opening for seniorsStew Leonard’s will open one hour early each day to allow our most vulnerable shoppers – seniors and those with vulnerable immune systems – to shop in a less crowded environment. If you are under 60 or in good health, please wait until regular store opening times before coming to shop at Stew’s.
March 18, 2020 - To further protect your health, we have taken the following actions:
- Cancelled all in-store demos
- Set product limits when necessary on items like water, pasta, toilet paper, butter and milk. Please see in-store signage for details.
- Eliminated all self-serve areas, including our hot/cold bar, olive bar, and bagel bins. The items from these areas have been freshly pre-packaged by our Team Members
- Placing our cashiers on every-other register so that they and our shoppers have some space between them.
- To help keep both our customers and our Team Members healthy, we are asking customers to please do the following:- Give fellow shoppers some distance while they are waiting in line or in the store. While at checkout, please remain at the end of the belt until the customer in front has cleared the register. - Respect Stew Leonard’s early shopping hour that is being reserved for the elderly, immunocompromised, and others with health conditions. - Shop for only what you and your family will need for one week at a time. There is no need to hoard groceries as our supply chain is strong and we are getting frequent deliveries of product.