Wisconsin Cheese Straws with Wisconsin Aged CheddarIngredients
16 oz. Wisconsin Aged Cheddar, grated
1/2 cup (1 stick) Salted Butter, softened
1-1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper, or red pepper, ground
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 to 2 tbsp. Warm Water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, combine Wisconsin aged cheddar and butter; process well. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until dough forms. Add water, if necessary. Cover dough and chill in refrigerator for one hour.
3. On a clean countertop or cutting board, using your fingers, gently roll 1 tablespoon dough into a rope. When it is 8 to 10 inches long, cut it in half and continue rolling each rope until it is 6 to 8 inches long. Twist both ropes together; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake 15-17 minutes or until set and starting to brown.
5. Cool on wire rack; serve with your favorite dip.