Impress your guests with a crowd pleasing summertime seafood favorite.
Cook time: 16-20 minutesIngredients
1 1/2 lb. Live Fresh & Meaty Lobsters
1/2 lb. Clams, (steamer clams or mussels)
1 Ear of Corn
1/2 lb. New Potatoes, (red or white)
1/2 - 3/4 lb. Seaweed or Rockweed
- To replicate a classic clambake indoors, start by boiling the potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain well and cool in refrigerator.
- Pour one inch of water into a clam-steamer or large kettle. Divide the seaweed/rockweed into four equal parts.
- Line the bottom of the steamer with one quarter of the seaweed/rockweed. Place the lobsters on top and then the second portion of seaweed on top of the lobsters.
- Cover and steam for 8 minutes.
- Add the clams and corn, then the third layer of seaweed/rockweed on top.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until the clams start to open.
- Add the cooked potatoes and scatter the remaining seaweed/rockweed on top.
- Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes.