Scilly Cay’s Famous Grilled Lobster
When our family goes on vacation together, one of the highlights the trip is when our mom and dad take us to one of their favorite restaurants: Scilly Cay (pronounced ‘Silly Key” by the locals). Owners Eudoxie and Sandra Wallace have graciously agreed to share their famous grilled lobster recipe.Ingredients
4 1-1/2 to 2 lb. Lobsters
4 Lime, juiced
Herb-Seasoned Salt, described in recipe below
1. Insert a knife into the top shell of the lobster just behind the eyes. Split the lobster down the middle of the underside (not all the way in half) and remove the head sac and intestines.
2. Crack the claws on the side that will not be directly exposed to the grill. You may need to use a mallet or hammer for this.
3. Brush the entire lobster with fresh lime juice and season with Abodo seasoning salt (a combination of hot chilies, herbs, and salt – you can improvise with salt, some cayenne pepper, and a little dried thyme and basil).
4. Place the lobster on a hot grill, cut side up.
5. Place the cover on the grill and cook for about 10 lo 15 minutes.
Try it with our delicious Lemon Garlic Dressing.
LEMON GARLIC DRESSING:
2/3 cup lemon juice (1-1/2 lemons)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until well mixed.