Grilled Tuna Steak with Shiraz Butter Sauce, Charred Onions and Squash RibbonsIngredients
2 cups Shiraz Wine
1 tbsp. Shallots, minced
1/3 lb. Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
2 Yellow Squash, cut into ribbons
2 Green Squash, cut into ribbons
2 whole Onions, cut into half inch sticks
4 pieces Tuna Steaks, 4-6 ounces each and cut approximately ¾ of an inch thick, seasoned with vegetable oil, salt and pepper
– Preheat grill to medium-high and clean using a stiff metal brush scraper.
– On your stovetop or on your grill, combine the Shiraz, minced shallots, peppercorns, and clove in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil.
– Stir in butter gradually.
– As wine mixture comes to a boil, lower flame and reduce the wine mixture until you get a syrupy texture. Keep warm on a back burner.
– Grill the squash ribbons and char the onions. Set aside.
– Heat grill to high.
– Sear the tuna steaks for approximately one to one and a half minutes on each side for medium rare.
– To serve, position the onions on the bottom of the plate. Curl the squash ribbons over the onion and then place the tuna on top. Drizzle with wine sauce.