Grilled Lobster with Garlic-Parsley ButterIngredients
1 Live Lobsters, approx. 1 to 1-1/4 lbs.
8 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, softened
2 tbsp. Parsley, finely Chopped
1-1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
1/4 cup Stew Leonard’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves, finely Chopped
Lemon Zest, 1 Lemon
Salt & Pepper
• Combine butter, parsley, chili flakes, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
• Using a cleaver, split lobster in half lengthwise through its head and tail. Scoop out and discard the yellow-green tomalley and break off claws.
• Transfer lobster halves, shell side down, to a baking sheet; crack claws and place them on the baking sheet.
• Drizzle halves and claws with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to high; bank coals or turn off burner on one side.
• Place lobster halves, flesh side down, and claws on hottest part of grill; cook until slightly charred, 2-3 minutes.
• Flip lobster over and using a spoon, spread lobster with the garlic-parsley butter; continue grilling until lobster meat is tender, 3-5 minutes more.
Serves 1-2 people.