Chef Michael’s Succulent Naked Lamb Recipe
Stew Leonard’s NAKED lamb is raised naturally and humanely in pristine pastures in New Zealand, feeding exclusively on fresh grasses, like clover, rye and alfalfa, resulting in a mild flavor and superior tenderness. Plus, Stew’s butchers will trim NAKED lamb to any specifications, making it easier to prepare and enjoy at home.Ingredients
5 lb. Boneless Leg Of Lamb
4 oz. Roasted Garlic Paste
1 oz. Lemon Zest
8 sprigs Rosemary
4 oz. Stew Leonard’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Truss the leg of lamb so it cooks evenly and season with salt and pepper.
2. Put oil in a sautee pan over high heat and sear the leg until golden brown on all sides and remove from pan. Rub the garlic paste and lemon zest all over the lamb.
3. Put the sprigs of rosemary under the butcher’s twine, add a little more last and pepper.
4. Put in 350 degree oven until meat thermometer reads 135-140 (roughly 1 ½ hours depending on your oven).
5. Rest for 15 min before cutting.