Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
1 sheet Aluminum Foil, (12
4 Halibut Steaks, steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
8 oz. Mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
8 large Basil, leaves
2 medium Tomato, each cut into 4 slices
3 tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
1-1/2 tbs. Stew Leonard’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup Basil, chopped
1. Preheat broiler/oven to medium-high (450°F). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place halibut in pan and broil about 5 inches from heat source for 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Turn fillets over and season with salt and pepper. Broil an additional 5 to 7 minutes for frozen halibut OR 1 to 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
4. Remove halibut from oven and layer 2 slices cheese, then 2 basil leaves, and 2 slices tomato over each portion. Return halibut to the oven and broil an additional 2 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
5. Blend balsamic vinegar and oil. To serve, spoon dressing over fillets and garnish with chopped basil.
Recipes via Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute