Alaska Seafood Celebration at Stew Leonard’s in Danbury
Saturday, June 24 and Sunday, June 25, 2017
11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., daily
Join the seafood experts at Stew Leonard’s in Danbury for a celebration of wild-caught Alaska Seafood! June is the peak month for the freshest seafood coming out of the cold, pristine waters of Alaska, making it a wonderful time for all seafood lovers to include these flavorful, heart-healthy, and tender fish and shellfish into a fresh and easy summertime menu.
Alaska offers mouthwatering seafood options for every taste and cooking method. The Danbury store will feature the following wild-caught Alaska Seafood selections on their fresh seafood bar:
• King Salmon: Also known as Chinook, these salmon are prized for their color, high oil content, firm texture and succulent flesh.
• Sockeye Salmon: Known for their rich flavor and distinctive deep red flesh, which retains its color throughout cooking.
• Halibut: With its firm, flaky texture and delicate flavor, Alaska Halibut has earned its reputation as the world’s premium whitefish.
• King Crab Legs: The largest and most impressive of all crabs caught in the world, Alaska King Crab is unmatched in flavor and texture.
• Cod: Alaska Cod has moist, firm fillets, a distinctive large flake and a slightly sweet flavor.
Stew Leonard’s Danbury store Seafood Team Members will cut both the King Salmon and Halibut to order on the floor of the store from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on both June 24 & June 25. Questions about how to select and prepare Alaska Seafood? Not to worry: all of Stew Leonard’s seafood Team Members are accredited from Alaska Seafood U, and are well versed in sustainability, harvesting techniques and sourcing, product knowledge, and recipes.
Click here for recipes for our Alaska Seafood favorites!