Fresh Cut Trees Delivered Daily!
Stew Leonard’s gets daily shipments of fresh, hand-sheared Christmas trees DIRECT from family owned tree farms just 25 miles north of the border in the cool, crisp mountains of Quebec, Canada - the best environment to grow hearty Christmas trees!
Every customer buying their tree at Stew’s receives a complimentary fresh cut and will have their tree tied to their car. Plus, they’ll feel great knowing that our family-owned tree farmers will plant two trees for every one that is cut down.
“My family and I will see the same customers year after year coming to Stew’s to pick out their Christmas tree. We love being part of their holiday traditions!” notes Stew Leonard, Jr. “Across all six locations, we’ll sell more than 50,000 Christmas trees this season. Shoppers are additionally buying their tree earlier than ever before with three times as many Christmas trees being sold the Friday, Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving than were sold three years ago!”
There are a few main questions that customers should ask themselves before purchasing their Christmas tree: What is the ceiling height in the room where it will be displayed? Do you hang heavy ornaments? Do you want a fragrant tree? Knowing the answers to those questions will make it even easier for customers to find their perfect tree.
How Fast Can You Find Your Tree?
Stew Leonard’s sells two types of premium Christmas trees:
Steps for picking and enjoying the perfect tree
To keep your tree looking great this holiday season, here are Stew Leonard’s five tips for selecting and caring for your Christmas tree:
- Stew Leonard’s tree experts recommend buying a tree that is one foot shorter than your ceiling to allow enough room to top the tree with a star or angel.
- To check freshness, remove a needle and bend it in half. If the needle gives but doesn’t snap, the tree is fresh!
- Before taking your tree home, get a fresh cut of at least ½-inch to 1-inch to eliminate the heaviest build-up of sap and make it easier for the tree to take up water in the stand. Also make sure to get the bottom branches trimmed to allow for at least six-inches of the trunk to stand comfortably in the tree stand.
- Customers should never shave the bark off their tree; the tree actually “drinks” through the bark, not the stump. Stew’s tree experts also recommend adding Stew’s Miracle Tree to the tree stand, which is a special formula developed with their growers that replenishes the tree’s nutrients immediately. Simply fill the tree stand with one part Stew’s Miracle Tree and two parts warm water.
- When you get home, place your tree away from a heat source and direct sunlight and keep your tree hydrated with Miracle Tree and plenty of water.
Why Customers Love Our Christmas Trees
Stew Leonard’s Christmas Shoppe sells a variety of lights, ornaments, and decorations to help deck the halls. Here are Stew Leonard’s top three tips for selecting the right holiday lights for your tree:
- Stew’s tree experts recommend buying about 100 lights per foot of tree.
- For customers looking to update their old Christmas tree lights, LED lights have become an increasingly popular option. LED lights are brighter than incandescent, use less electricity and give customers the option of attaching more strands per run (exactly how many strands that can be connected will depend upon the manufacturer).
- Cool White LED lights will lend a bluish tone while Warm White and Multicolor LED lights will give off a look closer to incandescent bulbs.
Wreaths & Roping
Stew’s Christmas Shoppe offers a variety of roping and wreaths in both decorated and undecorated options. Customers can choose from wreaths made out of Juniper, Balsam, Noble Fir, mixed Oregon Greens, and a fragrant Cedar & Juniper combination (selection will vary by store). Roping is offered in White Pine, Western Cedar, Noble Fir and Boxwood and comes in a variety of lengths. Here are Stew Leonard’s top three tips for selecting and caring for your wreaths and roping:
- To decorate a fence line, choose roping at least 25 yards in length.
- To decorate a doorway, choose roping at least 6 yards in length.
- When using wreaths and roping indoors, customers should spritz water on their greenery periodically throughout the season to keep them looking fresh.